Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Email?

Ryan woke up very early this morning. I can't tell you how early, but around 6am I heard my little angel singing his heart out. Which means that he was probably up for a while by then. Not the norm for a boy who usually sleeps until 9ish. Anyway, I rolled over and went back to sleep! I guess Ryan never did because when I went in to get him at 8, he was wide awake, playing in his room.

So, by 11:30 Ryan was exhasuted and had a major "meltdown". I mean he was just screaming and crying and I couldn't do anything right! I finally calmed him down and asked him what he'd like to do today. Thinking that maybe I could convince him to take a nap if he knew that we would do something special when he woke up. This is what happened next:

Me: Ryan what do you want to do after your nap?
Ryan: email.
Me:What? email?
Ryan:email.
Me:email?are you sure? That's what you want to do?
Ryan: yah (with a nod)
Me: ok, we'll email Aunt Michele after your nap.
Ryan:(nods, and goes right into bed for a nap!)

Geez, if I had only known it would be that easy, I would have tried it 10 minutes sooner:)


Update:
After a 3 hour nap, Ryan did in fact email his Aunt Michele. He really enjoyed sitting in the chair and pushing the "buttons". We told Aunt Michele about the big loud garbage truck we saw that day and that Julia was sleeping. Ryan also enjoys pointing out which letters he knows on the keyboard. Such a smart little guy.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Adorable. You are such a good mommy.