Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Job :)

I forgot that I never posted about my new job! I accepted a job as an adjunct faculty for Harrisburg Area Community College. My job is to teach OB clinical to the nursing students. So, I work every Monday and Thursday evening during the college semester. I meet my group of students at the hospital (where I currently work) and I basically supervise and teach in the hospital. I also have to read and grade all of their assignments over the weekend. So far I love it! The stress level is completely different than a hospital nurse. I still work hard and barely sit down, but it's nice. The pay and hours are a blessing.

I was a little worried about finding a babysitter, but I was praying for a Messiah College Nursing Student. I found one! Messiah is about 5 minutes from my house and they have a list of students who are looking for various jobs. So, I emailed nearly 200 students and the only prospects were all nursing students! My sitter will come at 2 and Kale gets home at 4. Ryan should sleep the whole time and well Julia eats, sleeps and plays on the floor :) Gotta love those kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me! I can not even tell you how proud I am of you for all that you do and just for the amazing person you are. Love you! xoxo

Debbie said...

Great for you Robyn. It's so awesome when God opens the doors and also gives us the people to trust to take care of our kiddies. So happy for you.

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! I love to hear the way God works! You would be the perfect teacher too Robyn, so those students are blessed!