Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Past 6 months.

Wow! Let's see if I can remember some of the Stone family highlights from the last six months:

Ryan~has turned 3! He was so happy to be three and celebrate with a family birthday party. We also took him to Strasburg to ride on the steam train and visit the train museum. He absolutely loved it. Ryan is also fully potty trained. We celebrated after no diapers for one month with a trip to Sesame Place. (that's how I bribed him to take care of business only on the potty ;) Tomorrow is the first day of preschool for my little man. He truly is excited for school, and I'm excited for him. I'm also pretty happy about spending a few hours of quality time with Julia.

Julia~has been growing and blossoming. Now, at 18 months my little darling is in the 50th %tile for height and weight! Perfectly average young lady. I love her sweet, but stubborn spirit. That girl knows what she wants. Julia's vocabulary seems to be exploding lately. She loves to shout MAMA and RYAN. But everyday she seems to surprise me with the little things she says. The doctor asked if Julia says a handful of words, I laughed. She says so many, I lost count. Julia loves shoes and to play in the dirt with Ryan, and she still can't live w/o her little ducky.

Kale is still working on the basement. The biggest "project" ever. So, 2 and 1/2 years later and I think it's almost done! I must say, it is amazing what he has done down there and I am sooooo excited to finally be ordering some carpet and "moving in".

We've had the opportunity to go on a few little family vacations. We took our annual trip to Bethany Beach. We also went to a Yogi Bear campground and visited Knoebel's Grove. Oh, and in April, we were able to visit Long Island where I was blessed to celebrate a nearly 16 year High School Reunion!

Well, that's it, I think. I'm sure I left out tons, and I know that doesn't do it justice.

No comments: